Having problems with your Saturn SL ?
I have a 2002 saturn sl 4 cylinder and the other day it stopped running for no reason then started again and ran for a while now it wont start. I thought it was the fuel pump but i can hear that running. I try to start it and it seems to almost start but dont. What can it be?
To diagnose the problem and find out what's gone wrong with the car, I'm gonna list you some tests you need to do, once we know what's working and what's not working we'll be able to get that car running again.\015\012\015\012
- you said you heard the fuel pump running but you have to make sure it actually delivers fuel to the engine by checking the fuel pressure, OR spraying some starting spray into the air filter duct while trying to turn on the engine. \015\012
- Have a look at the timing belt, make sure it's not broken or stripped. \015\012
- Make sure ignition components are not damp or damaged, check if they are dry and you got spark on your spark plugs, hold the spark plug wire next to engine part and see if it has spark ( while somebody is firing the engine by holding the key).
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Saturn SL
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.