Having problems with your 1998 Ford Explorer ?

My rear pumpkin ball /transfer case is leaking . is there a seal to change

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 19-02-2018

Answers :

If you are talking about the rear diff case. The seal can be change usually either a rubber gasket or hi temp silicone, just scrape off the old gasket from the diff and the the cover. Make sure its clean before you put on the gasket or silicone whichever its has. Put a good amount of silicone around the diff cover and bolts holes. Make sure to get some rear diff fluid and fill it back up w/funnel. Its either on the diff cover w/ a rubber cover or on the side of the diff itself w/ 3/8 ratchet. Fill till up till it starts to drip out then tighten back up.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Ford Explorer

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || www.carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0102 seconds