Having problems with your 2002 Audi A6 ?
I brought my son a 1997 Audi, and the radio is in safe mode, can anyonr help me get the code?
- Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".\015\012 \015\012
- Press the P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold\015\012until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press\015\012these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the\015\012code.\015\012 \015\012
- Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code\015\012number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first\015\012digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press\015\012of the button increments the number by 1.\015\012 \015\012
- Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the\015\012P.Scan and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE"\015\012appears in the display, then release the buttons.\015\012 \015\012
- The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.\015\012 \015\012
- If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears,\015\012first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to\015\012unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the\015\012display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be\015\012locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and\015\012the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the\015\012you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two\015\012attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.\015\012 \015\012
- If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer.\015\012
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2002 Audi A6
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.