Having problems with your 2001 Chevrolet Tracker ?
I need to take off the door panel and cant get it over the window crank
- \015\012Remove the manual door crank handle, if equipped with manual windows. Pry the handle slightly forward to reveal the retaining ring holding it to the door crank arbor. Use the retaining ring pliers to spread and then remove the ring. Slide the door crank handle off. \015\012
- \015\012 \015\012Unscrew the door lock button if equipped with manual door locks. Turn the plastic button counterclockwise to unscrew it from the lock shaft.
- \015\012 \015\012Locate and remove the two panel retaining screws. One is located in the hand cup of the arm rest and the other is located in the door handle bezel. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws. If a panel plug is concealing the hand cup screw, pry it off with a straightedge screwdriver.
- \015\012 \015\012Gently pry away the window control module for power windows, if equipped, from the arm rest. Use the pry tool for leverage. Unplug the wire harness connections from beneath the module and then set it aside.
- \015\012 \015\012Remove the molding in the upper front corner of the door/window assembly covering the side-view mirror by prying it off of the door frame. Use the pry tool to gently unseat it.
- \015\012 \015\012Gently pry the bottom of the door panel away from the door frame using the small pry tool. Retaining snap-clips hold the door to the frame and need to be unseated from the retainers. Work your along the bottom and then up each side until the panel is free from the door frame. Stabilize the panel an inch or so away from the frame.
- \015\012Reach behind the door frame and disconnect any other wire harness connections. Different year Trackers with different powered options may include harnesses for the power mirror and the speaker. \015\012
- \015\012Disconnect the door handle rod from the door handle to disengage the door panel. Move the door panel 45 degrees to release the door handle mechanism from the panel and then remove the panel. Replacement of the panel requires reversing the procedure.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2001 Chevrolet Tracker
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.