Having problems with your 1998 Dodge Neon ?
How do i install brake light switch on 98 dodge neon?
- Remove lower steering column cover and knee blocker panel from instrument panel. \015\012
- With the brake pedal fully pressed, rotate the stop lamp switch counter clockwise 27 degrees and remove switch from the mounting bracket.< Just turn Count clockwise until you feel it unlock from its previous location, then pull it towards you>
- Disconnect wire connector from stop lamp switch by depressing the lock tabs holding stop lamp switch to mounting bracket and remove switch.
Its recommended to have someone push the brake pedal for you, can be tough to push it while trying to get his out.
- Connect the harness connector to the stop lamp switch. \015\012
- While pressing the brake pedal, insert switch into the keyed hole in the bracket and rotate the switch into the locked position. \015\012
- Gently pull back on the brake pedal until the pedal will go no further. This will cause the switch plunger to ratchet backward to the correct position. No further adjustment is necessary.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Dodge Neon
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.