Having problems with your 1997 Eagle Vision ?
Were is my thermostat in my 1997 eagle vision
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION \015\012
- Disconnect negative battery cable. \015\012CAUTION
Do not remove the radiator pressure cap with the cooling system hot and under pressure. Serious burns from hot, pressurized coolant can result. \015\012
- Allow cooling system to cool completely. Place a pan under the radiator drain, located at the lower right side of the radiator. Open the valve to drain the cooling system to a level just below the thermostat. Do NOT drain the cooling system completely, unless the coolant is being changed. Close the valve. \015\012
- Loosen the radiator hose clamp from the upper radiator hose at the thermostat housing and if necessary disconnect the hose from the housing. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 1: Loosen the radiator hose clamp from the upper radiator hose at the thermostat housing \015\012
\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 2: If necessary, separate the upper hose from the thermostat housing (it is not required) \015\012
- Remove the thermostat bolts and housing. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 3: Loosen the thermostat housing bolt with the proper size socket \015\012
- Remove the thermostat and discard the gasket. Thoroughly clean both gasket sealing surfaces. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 4: Separate the housing to access the thermostat \015\012
\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 5: Lift the thermostat out . . . \015\012
\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 6: . . . then clean the mating area \015\012
- Clean the thermostat housing bolts well. On any engine, bolts that thread into the water jacket are subject to rust and corrosion. A bolt with rust or debris in the threads can easily strip out the threads in an aluminum manifold requiring a time-consuming thread repair operation. Clean the bolts well and lightly lubricate before installation. \015\012
- Install the thermostat into the recess in the intake manifold. Place a new gasket, moistened with water, on the water inlet mating surface on the intake manifold. \015\012
- Install the thermostat housing over the gasket and thermostat and tighten the mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm) on the 3.3L engine and 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm) on the 3.5L engine. \015\012
- Connect the upper radiator hose to the thermostat housing and tighten the radiator hose clamp. \015\012
- Refill and bleed the cooling system.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1997 Eagle Vision
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.