Having problems with your 1995 Isuzu Trooper ?
Replace timing belt - 1995 Isuzu Trooper
1993–96 2.3L and 2.6L Engines \015\012
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. \015\012
- Loosen and remove the engine accessory drive belts. \015\012
- Remove the cooling fan assembly and the water pump pulley. \015\012
- Drain the fluid from the power steering reservoir. \015\012
- Unbolt and remove the power steering pump. Unbolt the hydraulic line brackets from the upper timing cover and move the pump out of the work area without disconnecting the hydraulic lines. \015\012
- Disconnect and remove the starter motor if a flywheel holder (part No. J–38674) is to be used. \015\012
- Remove the upper timing belt cover. \015\012
- Rotate the crankshaft to set the engine at TDC/compression for the No. 1 cylinder. The arrow mark on camshaft sprocket aligns with mark on the rear timing cover. \015\012
- Remove the crankshaft pulley. \015\012
- Remove the lower timing belt cover. \015\012
- Verify that the engine is set at TDC/compression for the No. 1 cylinder. The notch on the crankshaft sprocket aligns with the pointer on the oil seal retainer. \015\012
- Release and remove the tensioner spring to release the timing belt's tension. \015\012
- Remove the timing belt. \015\012
- Unbolt the tensioner pulley bracket from the engine's front cover. \015\012
- If necessary, unbolt and remove the camshaft sprockets. Use a puller to remove the crankshaft pulley if necessary. Don't loose the crankshaft sprocket key. \015\012To install:
- Install the camshaft and crankshaft sprockets if they were removed. Align the timing marks and be sure to install any keys. Tighten the camshaft sprocket bolt to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm). \015\012
- Install the tensioner assembly. Tighten the tensioner mounting bolt to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm). Tighten the cap bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm). \015\012
- Make sure the crankshaft and the camshaft sprockets are aligned with their timing marks. Install the timing belt onto the sprockets using the following sequence: first, crankshaft sprocket; second, oil pump sprocket; third, camshaft sprocket. \015\012
- Loosen the tensioner mounting bolt. This will allow the tensioner spring to apply pressure to the timing belt. \015\012
- After the spring has pulled the timing belt as far as possible, temporarily tighten the tensioner mounting bolt to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm). \015\012NOTE: Remove the flywheel holder before rotating the crankshaft. Reinstall the holder to torque the crankshaft pulley bolt. \015\012
- Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise two complete revolutions to check the rotation of the belt and the alignment of the timing marks. Listen for any rubbing noises which may mean the belt is binding. \015\012
- Loosen the tensioner pulley bolt to allow the spring to adjust the correct tension. Then, retighten the tensioner pulley bolt to 14 ft. lbs (19 Nm). \015\012
- Install the lower timing cover and the crankshaft pulley. \015\012
- Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm). Tighten the small pulley bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (8 Nm). \015\012
- Install the upper timing cover. \015\012
- Install the starter if it was removed. Tighten the bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm). \015\012
- Install the power steering pump. If the hydraulic lines were disconnected, refill and bleed the power steering system. \015\012
- Install the water pump pulley and tighten its nut to 20 ft. lbs. (26 Nm). \015\012
- Install the cooling fan assembly. \015\012
- Install and adjust the accessory drive belts. \015\012
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1995 Isuzu Trooper
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.