Having problems with your 1993 Dodge Dakota ?
When Replacing timing chain & gears , the timing is all off.
\015 I am replacing a timing chain and gears in a 93 dodge dakota 3.9 liter 6 cylinder. When I line up the marks on both the sprockets, the distributor is pointing opposite of where it supposed to be, what should I do ?\015
- Disconnect negative battery cable. \015\012
- Remove distributor cap. \015\012
- Bring No. 1 cylinder to top dead center (TDC) , by slowly turning the engine until the timing mark on the crankshaft vibration damper li\015\012
- Rotor should be aligned with CYL. NO. 1 mark on camshaft position sensor. If not, rotate engine 360 degrees. \015\012
- Disconnect camshaft position sensor electrical connector. \015\012
- Mark position of distributor housing to engine block. \015\012
- Remove distributor hold-down bolt and clamp. \015\012
- Remove the distributor from the engine.
NOTE: If engine has been rotated since distributor removal, turn engine clockwise until No. 1 cylinder is at TDC of compression stroke.
- Clean top of block around distributor opening. \015\012
- Replace O-ring on distributor housing, and lube with clean motor oil. \015\012
- Install rotor on distributor shaft \015\012
- Position distributor into its original position. Engage distributor shaft with slot in oil pump drive gear. \015\012
- Turn distributor until rotor is aligned with CYL. NO. 1 mark on camshaft position sensor. \015\012
- Install distributor hold-down bolt and clamp and tighten. \015\012
- Connect camshaft position sensor electrical connector. \015\012
- Install distributor cap. \015\012
- Connect negative battery cable.nes up with zero on front cover timing scale\015\012
- sounds like dist is 180 degrees out. try this.
ASK HIM TO WHAT UR DONIG THAT AND U SHOULD CHECK THE BILL OK RATE ME
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1993 Dodge Dakota
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.